The 3rd Workshop on Economic Development and Social Sustainability
(EDaSS 2014): The inequality globalization gap
University of A Coruna
September 25-26, 2014
The 3rd Workshop on Economic Development and Social Sustainability (EDaSS 2014) is an International Virtual Workshop organized by the Department of Economic Analysis and Business Administration, Faculty of Economics, University of A Coruna, Spain. The conference will be held online at the address www.edass.org. EDaSS 2014 is a great opportunity to share ideas together and to discuss social and economic problems arising from globalization, especially those that result in inequality situations.
The workshop consists of virtual scientific sessions, with symposiums on topics presented. The main objective is to provide a meeting point where experts in different areas can share information on topics of special relevance.
Who should attend?
- Academics: Communicate your research results and find out about research being conducted around the world.
- Students: Share your research, get feedback, and discover research directions and collaborators.
- Educators: Let people know what you are doing and see what is being done with students at all levels.
- Managers and Policy Makers: Tell others what you see as valuable and discover new directions your organization can move in.
The EDaSS organizing committee do the best to prepare high quality workshop, to be recognized among all researchers.
All papers submitted will be peer reviewed.
Accepted works will be published in the workshop proceedings: EDaSS Proceedings (ISSN: 2340-3640).
High quality selected full papers will be asked to prepare extended versions for submission in following journals:
The authors are committed to adapt the paper to the requirements of the selected journal, including language.
|University of A Coruña (Spain)||University of Santo Tomás (Colombia)|
|University Institute of Maritimes Studies||Iniciativa Integra|
|University of Tras-os-Montes and Alto Douro (UTAD)||Constantin Brancusi University of Targu-Jiu|
|Stefan Cel Mare University of Suceava||University of Panamá|
|Hamburg University of Applied Sciences||Cedes – Center for the Study of State and Society|
|National University of La Matanza (Argentina)||/td>|
Full Paper Submission Deadline: June 30, 2014
Author Notification about Acceptance of the paper: July 31, 2014
EDaSS 2014: September 25-26, 2014
Chair: Isabel Novo-Corti - University of A Coruna, Spain - (EDaSS Research Group)
|Babucea, Ana Gabriela||University Constantin Brancusi, Targu Jiu, Romania|
|Badilla Quintana, María Graciela||Universidad Católica de la Santísima Concepción, Chile|
|Balacescu, Aniela||University Constantin Brancusi, Targu Jiu, Romania|
|Calvo Babío, Nuria||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Calvo Dopico, Domingo||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Damill, Mario||Centro de Estudios de Estado y Sociedad (CEDES), Argentina|
|Dobrescu, Emilian M.||Romanian Academy, Romania|
|Espiñeira Bellón, Eva María||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|García Álvarez, María Teresa||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|García Núñez, Moisés Alberto||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|González Laxe, Fernando||University Institute of Maritimes Studies, Spain|
|Iorgulescu, Raluca Ioanna||Institute for Economic Forecasting, Romanian Academy, Romania|
|Leal, Walter||Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany|
|Lopes De Sousa Diniz, Francisco José||University of Tras-os-Montes and Alto Douro (UTAD), Portugal|
|López Arranz, María Asunción||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|López Díaz, Ana Jesús||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|López Rodríguez, Jesús||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Luján Acosta, Fernando Darío||National University of La Matanza, Argentina|
|Martínez, Daniel Eduardo||National University of La Matanza, Argentina|
|Martínez Fernández, Valentín Alejandro||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Muñoz Cantero, Jesús Miguel||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Nastase, Carmen||University of Stefan Cel Mare, Suceava, Romania|
|Novo-Corti, Isabel||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Peres Souza, Gueibi||Universidade Federal de Santa Cararina, Florianapolís, Brasil|
|Pociovalisteanu, Diana Mihaela||University Constantin Brancusi, Targu Jiu, Romania|
|Prelipcean, Gabriela||University of Stefan Cel Mare, Suceava, Romania|
|Ramil-Díaz, María||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Romero Luna, Isidoro||University of Seville, Spain|
|Rubiera Morollón, Fernando||University of Oviedo, Spain|
|Sánchez de Paz, Elena||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Sánchez Fernandez, Patricio||Univeristy of Vigo, Spain|
|Sánchez Santos, José Manuel||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Santorsola, María Victoria||National University of La Matanza, Argentina|
|Sarasola Sánchez-Serrano, José Luis||University of Pablo Olavide, Spain|
|Scutariu, Adrian Liviu||University of Stefan Cel Mare, Suceava, Romania|
|Varela Candamio, Laura||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Varela Pedreira, Diego||University of A Coruna, Spain|
Organising CommitteeChair: Isabel Novo-Corti - University of A Coruna, Spain - (EDaSS Research Group)
|Barba Candamio, Julia||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Barreiro-Gen, María||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Becerra Amado, Patricia María||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Espada Formoso, Bárbara||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Gago, Carmen||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Juanatey Boga, Óscar||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Justo Súarez, Cristina||Gaela Consultora, S.C., Spain|
|Martín Palmero, Federico Guillermo||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Millor Arias, María del Pilar||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Novo Hernanz, Javier||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Picatoste, Ignacio||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Picatoste, Xose||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Rebollo Quintela, Nuria||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Sánchez-Amboage, Eva||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Sánchez Bello, Ana||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Sánchez-Fernández, María Dolores||University of A Coruna, Spain|
|Vernazza Páez, Alvaro Andrés||University of Santo Tomás, Colombia|
Up to 6 pages including the appendix and references.
Papers will be accepted in the English or Spanish language.
The template can be downloaded from here:
Authors are invited to submit scientific papers detailing original and previously unpublished works for presentation at the virtual workshop, and also publications describing state-of the-art current research and development. The topics about economic development and social sustainability could be approached from the following areas (but not limited to just these):
The specific topic this year is: The inequality globalization gap
Best practices for preparing your publication
This guide summarizes necessary practices, which should be considered for efficient paper submission process.
- Yet before submitting your paper, check if it is well readable, logically structured and properly organized.
- Register and send your paper.
- Your paper will be reviewed by scientific committee. Their evaluation will be on your website space on July 15, 2014.
After your submission is finished, your paper is reviewed by scientific committee. Reviewers check content quality of your paper. They consider following:
- If your contribution is novel and brings something new.
- If your contribution proposes results from research, summarizes projects, etc.
- If your paper is written in clear language and if it is understandable.
- If your results are original, properly cited, etc.
- Other remarks, which are important from reviewers point of view.
After the reviewing process, your contribution is checked by the editorial board. We highlight next issues:
- Your paper must be formatted using workshop’s template (format, styles, and page settings). The template can be downloaded from the web site. Your paper must contain: title, author and author’s affiliation (institution, email address).
- Your paper must contain abstract and key-words (use from 3-5 terms).
- It is good practice to split your text into logical parts, marked with headings:
- Introduction which present your area, the goal of your research, current state of art, etc.
- The main text, which describes your topic deeply, presents your model or methods, experiments, etc.
- Conclusion which summarizes all achievements, use graphs, figures, we suggest you to compare more methods, etc.).
- Check citation in your paper. All citation must be properly referenced in the text. At the end of the paper you should place the list of all used citations. Please follow these instructions, when formatting citations: www.apastyle.org.
- Be sure that your paper does not exceed the allowed size for publication.
The payment will be made immediately after your paper was accepted.
Registration fee: 50 €
Registration fee includes:
- Participation in the Virtual Workshop (full support and access to the workshop system).
- Certificate of Participation at the workshop.
- Certificate of Paper Presentation.
Each registration fee allow to the author send up to 3 papers. All authors of the same paper must be registered.
The rest of payments must be made through transference directly to the Workshop Account as given below:
- A/c Name:
- Universidade da Coruña. CIF: Q6550005J
- Account Number:
- ES76 0049 5030 1525 1601 1262
- BIC/SWIFT code:
- B S C H E S M M
- Bank’s Name and Address:
- R/ San Andrés 145. 15003 A Coruña (Spain)
- Income code:
It is mandatory indicate the full name of the participant and the following income code: 160214.
Development of workshop participation
To qualify for certificates of paper presentation and participation is necessary to meet the following minimum requirements in the dates of the workshop:
- A share in the forum with the presentation of the paper.
- A share in the forum discussing the paper of another participant.
We invite all authors to an active participation in the discussion forums. It is a good way for broaden your horizons and discover new points of view in researching.
The best work on economic development and social sustainability will be awarded with a special mention.
Page 1 of 2